The rainy season is in full swing and there are fears of how to take care of your skin in humid & wet rainy season. You just need to take a few simple precautions and can save yourself a lot of trouble over bad skin.
This is the time when you are going to face problems like limpness, greasiness and hair fall. The excessive amount of moisture in the weather makes the hair dull flat and tangled. Therefore this is the most crucial time for you to have a thorough hair care regimen for the gentle and effective care of your hair.
The biggest skin problem during this weather is fungal infections. As fungus is born in humid weather, it easily grows and enters the skin throw wet pores. As a result, one develops itchy, circular, reddish, flaking patches on the body, underarms and around the breast in women.
●► What to do?
1. Avoid using too much hair products and use only a mild shampoo and gentle conditioner for the hair.
2. Have a regular wash for your hair.
3. Use conditioner after every wash. Do not apply it on the hair root or scalp but on the hair shaft.
4. You need to drink plenty of water.
5. Have a proper protein enriched diet along with plenty of fruits and vegetables.
●► Few tips on how to keep your complexion glowing are :-
1. Use a face scrub twice a week to exfoliate.
2. Avoid heavy moisturising creams or oily foundations and cream-based colour makeup. Use a light mousse or a matte compact or simply a few drops of calamine lotion as a makeup base.
3. A face wash containing fruit extracts such as Astaberry Orange Face Wash helps to freshen the skin. Use it daily to keep extra moisture & oil out of the skin.
4. Use a skin brightening toner each time you wash your face to close the pores and restore your skin’s pH balance.
Walking in dirty water during rainy season leads to numerous fungal infections which affect toes and nails. Always keep your feet dry and clean. Avoid walking in dirty water. Keep your shoes, socks and raincoats dry and clean.
●► Must Tip : Drink clean and pure water as water borne monsoon diseases like diarrhea and gastro intestinal infections are common. Drinking boiled water at home is strongly recommended to tap water.
Happy healthy people from “Judie & U” Academy…